Your dog can enjoy the flavors of fall as well with these delicious Pumpkin Carrot Dog Treats. If you live somewhere that is still warm in October, like Southern California, you know that even though it is "fall" it is still warm outside. These Pumpkin Carrot Dog Treats are perfect to stay festive but also keep your dog cool.
Pumpkin Carrot Dog Treats
Your dog can enjoy the flavors of fall as well with these festive treats.
Makes: 20-30 ice cubes
- 1 can of pure pumpkin puree (preferably organic)
- Water (as needed)
- 2-3 tablespoon carrots, chopped into small pieces (optional)
- Silicone ice sube trays or molds
Themed trays like pumpkins are great for an added touch, but you can use any kind you would like.
- Blender or food processor
- Pour contents of pumpkin puree can into blender.
- Add carrots if desired.
- Pour in some water to help things move in the blender.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth enough to pour or spoon into the molds.
- Fill all available molds and smooth surface with the back of your spatula.
- Set in freezer for 3-4 hours or until froxen. Overnight is preferred.
- Once frozen, transfer into a glass bowl with lid for storage.
- Serve as a cool treat for your pup!
What are your favorite fall recipes for your pup?
Share in the comments below!