My brother shared this recipe with me a couple years ago and it is SO GOOD. If you're looking to add a little kick to your fall recipes, this is the perfect Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine for you.
When I make this, I use my Homemade Spiced Apple Cider in place of store bought cider. But you can totally make this moonshine either way.
Be careful when drinking. This will definitely sneak up on you very quickly!
Apple pie moonshine makes a great gift for the holidays, a great treat to bring to your Friends-giving dinner or just something to enjoy yourself.
Add a little kick to your fall with this Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine.
Makes: About 12-15 pints
- 1 gallon homemade apple cider (or store bought honey crisp apple cider)
- 1 gallon Tree Top apple juice
- 1 bottle 190 proof Everclear (or as strong as you can find)
- 1 bottle Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks per mason
- Large pot
- Pint mason jars or other glass containers with lid
- Pour apple cider, apple juice, white sugar and brown sugar into large pot.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and stir frequently until all sugar dissolves.
- Remove pot from burner and cover with lid. Let cool completely to room temperature.
- Once the mixture reaches room temperature, pour in both bottles of alcohol. Do not add the alcohol while the mixture is still hot. Otherwise, the alcohol will evaporate and weaken the drink. Optional Step: add a third bottle of caramel whiskey to add an even bigger punch and more flavor.
- Immediately ladle the completed mixture into mason jars (1 pint size works good). And put 2 cinnamon sticks into each jar.
- Put in the refrigerator to cool. Let them sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks for maximum flavor. If you can’t wait, you can drink it the next day and it will still be amazing. The time just makes it even better!
RELATED POST: Homemade Spiced Apple Cider