One of the best things about fall the delicious flavors that come along with it. Spiced apple cider has been and always will be a classic fall drink that you can enjoy. If you're looking to add a little more fun, try it spiked.
Even though it takes time and patience, there is just something about homemade spiced apple cider that just makes your home feel warm and cozy. This recipe leave will leave your house smelling like a perfectly crisp, fall day.
Cozy up with the flavors of fall with this homemade spiced cider.
Makes: 10 Cups
- 10 cups cold water
- 8-10 apples, variety of your choice
- 1 orange, cut into slices
- 1 tbsp. whole cloves
- 1 tsp. whole allspice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4-5 cinnamon sticks
- Crock Pot
- Potato masher
- Fine strainer
- Wooden spoon
- Gallon jug for storage
- Slice all apples and one orange into pieces. Discard the core of the apples. The slices can be uneven since they will be mashed later
- Add apples, orange, cloves, allspice, brown sugar and cinnamon sticks to the crock pot
- Pour in 10 cups cold water
- Stir well with wooden spoon and set crock pot to low heat. Cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, use potato masher to mash ingredients inside crock pot. Stir well.
- Cook for 3-4 more hours or until desired
- After 7-8 hours, strain contents of crock pot through fine strainer. Press out as much liquid as possible with the back of the spoon
- Serve warm topped whipped cream and caramel drizzle. Or serve chilled over ice.