Cheers to being nominated for my first blogging award! As a new blogger, this is such an exciting step in getting my blog name out there to more viewers online.
First of all, I would like to thank Sam for nominating for the Liebster Award 2017. If you’re looking for great DIY tutorials and delicious recipes for you and your family, Living Richardson is a great blog to check out! I love her post about homemade pumpkin spiced creamer. Every fall I eat my weight in anything pumpkin spice and this is a great addition to my morning coffee. She also has tons of great ideas posted all throughout her Pinterest boards if you are looking for some inspiration there.
My Current Favorite Bloggers
I had the hardest time choosing my favorite one, so I chose three!
Sheila from In Search of Sheila
One thing that I love the most about her (and her blog) is she inspires her readers to just go for it. Also, she provides so much information on her blog that really helps. As a new blogger, everything can get pretty overwhelming but after reading her post on how to beat burnout, I feel refreshed and ready to dive back into all things blogging this month.
Katie from Katie Did What
When I first decided that I wanted to start blogging, Katie’s blog was the first one that I found and really connected with. I emailed her a few times and she responded so quickly with such useful and encouraging tips for me. I’m subscribed to her email list and feel like each email she sends is relevant and never spammy. If you're a new blogger looking for some great tips, check out her post on how to start a blog.
Neely from It Starts with Coffee
In addition to great content posted on her site, I love the overall look of her blog and this one has definitely inspired me in many aspects of my own blog. I absolutely love all of her monthly goals posts and have incorporated that into my own blog as well. There is something about posting my goals online that really holds me accountable for accomplishing them.
Random Facts About Me
- I love leftovers… especially if it’s lasagna. I have no idea why but sometimes I think things taste better as a leftover than when I am first eating it. Call me weird but that’s just how I’ve always been. Lol.
- I drink red wine when I’m with my best girl friends because that’s what they all love. But I actually really don’t like it.
- I don’t really like doing my hair or makeup. I wish that there was someone who could come to my house every morning and do both of those things for me. Maybe one day…
- Favorite genres of music: EDM, punk rock, reggae and summer hits of the 1990s
- I may or may not be addicted to iced chai with soy from Starbucks.
- I lettered in golf on my high school’s varsity golf team. Throughout college, I definitely slacked off on getting out there and golfing (mostly because green fees are not typically part of a poor college student’s budget). But I have since found my passion for it again and have been hitting the range more often.
- My favorite comfort food is macaroni and cheese. It may not be healthy in any sense of the word, but oh my gosh it is amazing. If you’re looking for a bomb macaroni and cheese recipe check it out here.
- My favorite books to read are psychological thrillers, murder mysteries and any others about solving crimes. Occasionally I’ll branch off and read some drama, romance or self-help books.
- I am absolutely terrified of heights. But my boyfriend is patiently trying to help me get over that fear by taking me hiking and other random adventures. One day I’ll cross off skydiving on my bucket list because that is the ultimate test of getting over my fear or not.
- I love chocolate but dislike things that are “chocolate flavored.”
Questions from Sam
What is the most extreme thing you’ve ever done?
In high school, I went cliff jumping at a lake while on vacation with friends. I was encouraged to jump off a ledge that was over 30ft tall. I did it once and will never do that again.
When do you find time to blog?
I really try to maximize any free time that I have and devote it to working on something for my blog. Luckily I have a pretty flexible work environment so I will sneak in some blog work during lunch or breaks throughout the day. I also really try to plan a few hours on Saturday and Sunday to get blog photos taken for future posts. That seems to be the hardest part - photos!
How long would you survive the zombie apocalypse?
I wouldn’t… unless my boyfriend could take care of the both of us. Lol.
What is your favorite book or book series?
Harry Potter is number one. However, I also really like most Stephen King novels.
What superpower would you like to have?
If I could make up a super power, I would love for my hair and makeup to be done instantly in the mornings.
Who would play you in a movie about your life?
I love Zooey Deschanel so I think she would be pretty cool.
How did you pick the name for your blog?
My blog started out as Hints of Kay. But I realized that I have much more of a passion and focus for DIY projects -- thus sparked Create with Kay
What is at the top of your bucket list?
I really want to go to the airport with just my wallet, passport and purse then choose where I want to go when I arrive at the airport. Then, I want to just purchase the items I need when I get to my destination.
What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
I’m not sure the one best compliment I have received but my favorites are ones that come completely out of the blue.
What is your favorite quote?
If you see someone without a smile, give them yours.
Who has left the biggest impact on your life?
Definitely my grandmother. She is the strongest woman I know and has been the glue to my family for many years. We talk on the phone almost every day and honestly don’t think I would have gotten to where I am today (or become who I am today) without her.
You can find all the rules for the Liebster award here.
Let’s keep the love going and nominate other bloggers who you feel also deserve this award!
Questions for Nominees
- What are the top five items that you can’t wait to cross off your bucket list?
- What is one piece of advice that you wish you could give to your younger self?
- What is your favorite or funniest commercial you have ever seen? Leave a link to YouTube for others to enjoy!
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be? Why?
- Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free?
- What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house?
- What was your best excuse for missing a day of work?
- What is something you always wanted to try but have been too afraid?
- If you could be an animal, what would you be? Why?
- What character is great in their movie, book or show, but would be intolerable if you had to deal with them in everyday situations?
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I can’t wait to read everyone's answers!