This October is looking to be especially fun. We've got a camping trip planned for my birthday, a trip to the East Coast for a wedding and of course (my favorite) Halloween!
Since I can remember, fall has been one of my favorite times of the year (besides Christmas). I love the seasons changing and feeling crisp, cool air. Unfortunately, since I live in Southern California I don't get that weather change anymore. Boo! However, we do get all the fall flavors and I am currently obsessing over everything pumpkin spice. When Sprouts (our local grocery store) starts carrying pumpkin spice items, I go a bit crazy. The BEST things to get is their Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider or Pumpkin Loops Cereal. Mmm!
RELATED POST: September Goals
Anyways, back to my October goals! I feel like September was a weird month for me but I was able to accomplish a few things. There are still a few things from my September Goals that I need to transfer over. But I have much more motivation for October and I can't wait to see what I check off my list.
- DONE - Take more photos for future blog and Instagram posts
- DONE - Work on Google+ implementation
- IN PROGRESS - Run a 5K (under 30 minutes)
- DONE - Create a presence on Pinterest
- IN PROGRESS - Content
This proved to be a little harder than I thought since my work schedule got very busy and I spent a lot of time changing my domain name and getting everything set up again. I was planning on getting content written through November and I ended up with content through the end of October.
- IN PROGRESS - Post 2 blog posts per week
I was able to get into the habit of posting once a week for the past two weeks. Planning on at least keeping that up through the rest of 2017. Then, I plan to revamp my schedule and kick it into gear for twicer per week.
- DONE - Optimize Pinterest profile and photos
- IN PROGRESS - Rebrand my Instagram and increase following to 1,000+
I had set this goal with the intention of using my personal Instagram. However, halfway through the month I decided to go back to my blog Instagram to grow followers there. That account had 545 at the beginning of September and now I am up to 767.
- Content rough drafts of every post from November through the end of December
- Run a 5K (under 30 minutes)
- Increase Instagram following to 1,000+
- Increase Pinterest following to 100+
- Make some fall treats for Jade (and myself)
- Go to a corn maze or Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios
- Go to a cute pumpkin patch
- Carve a pumpkin
- Make homemade apple cider
- Re-watch my favorite Halloween movies
- Birthday camping trip
- Eat my weight in anything apple or pumpkin spiced
- Read a book
- DIY costumes for Halloween
What will YOU be accomplishing this October?
Let me know in the comments below!